All arriving domestic passengers will enter the domestic arrival lounge, collect
the respective baggage from the baggage belt (if any) and exit on to concourse hall
and then proceed to car park to board his transport
or hire a Taxi/Rent a Car & proceed to out gate for onward journey.
All arriving international passengers are required to have valid traveling documents
including their passport, visa (if applicable) and disembarkation form (completed
in all respect) for immigration. (International Overseas/Pakistani Card holder Passenger
will not submit disembarkation form on board or at BKIAP, Peshawar). These forms
are handed over to the passengers on board by the Airline
cabin crew and also available at the airport. Passengers are advised
to complete the forms while on board to expedite their clearance process.
A person entering Pakistan for the purpose of entry must hold a valid passport and
visa from the country of his origin to Pakistan, the letter being issued at Pakistan
Consulates abroad. Disembarkation card is also required from such persons. For more
information on Passport and Visa Policy visit Passport and Visa Information on Govt:
of Pakistan Website www.pakistan.gov.pk
TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT INTERNATIONAL ARRIVAL
- Filled Disembarkation Form
(Overseas Pakistani Card holder are not required to fill)
- Valid Visa (if applicable).
- Letter issued at Pakistan Consulates abroad (For Foreigners).
- Vaccination Certificate (For Passengers coming directly from the countries infected
with the diseases declared by WHO or International Health Regulations)
Note: International Overseas / Pakistani Passengers will not
submit embarkation / disembarkation form on board or at international airports at
Pakistan. As such they should not fill this form.
The holders of diplomatic or official passports of the countries would remain exempted
from the requirements of entry visas as provided under the visa abolition agreements
concluded with their governments.
All Passengers coming from Liberiya, Seirialeaone, Mali and Guana to Report
to the Ebola Desk and Seek Clearance from Airport Health Officer, before Proceedings
to Immigration Desk.
- Immigration desks are divided into different sections.
- All Passports
- Overseas Pakistani Passenger/ Card Holder
- Foreigners / Taxpayers
- Old Citizens / Special Person / Women / Children
- Diplomats / Foreigners / Taxpayers
- Passengers who will enter into the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are required to
submit the disembarkation form. Pakistani Passport holder / International Overseas
Pakistani Passengers will not submit disembarkation form on board or at international
airports at Pakistan. Special Desk for Overseas Pakistan Passengers is also available
to facilitate and provide assistance on 24 x 7 basis. (For more information please
- Passengers are advised to queue up at the immigration desk and have their traveling
documents ready (passport, disembarkation form and other documents). The Immigration
officer will verify your Photo ID and may ask some questions in accordance with
- Under the International Health Regulations all travelers arriving in Pakistan and
Staying for more than four weeks required to be vaccinated against POLIO and Obtain
a Vaccination Certificate to be presented at the time of Departure.
Special Desk for Overseas Pakistan Passengers is also available to facilitate and
provide assistance on 24x7 basis. (For more information please visit http://www.opf.org.pk)
- Stand in your corresponding lane.
- Stay behind the queuing line at the immigration desk marked in
- Please wait for you turn at the marked red line. Take off your hat and sunglasses.
Refrain from using your mobile phone while waiting.
- Submit your passport and disembarkation card (only for foreigners). Once your passport
is returned, you may pass through immigration.
After immigration clearance, collect your baggage from the respective Baggage Conveyer
belt in the area at international arrival lounge.
- Check and confirm at the LCD screen or monitor displaying the baggage of your flight.
- Wait at the designated baggage collection area.
- Identify your baggage at the baggage conveyer belt.
- Collect your baggage and confirm that it’s yours.
- Passenger Facilitation Service/Passenger Protocol Service is also available on payment
basis, if required.
If you find that your baggage is missing, please contact the concerned Airline Representative (present inside the lounge at the airline counter) for assistance. The damage to checked-in baggage may be reported to the airline representative and must be claimed within 7 days of its return, and for delayed baggage, within 21 days of its return. The claim can be made from the airline with which the passenger has traveled or the agency handling the particulars Airline in this regard.